Search This Blog

Tuesday 12 July 2011

Diary Entry - 12th and 13th July, 1916

An exceedingly quiet day. Absolutely nothing doing. I whiled away the time reading. Bee came up in the evening to relieve me. Thursday, I went to Gauchin Legal with Bailey. We inspected harness in the morning, F sub being a very good show, lunching with the 50th battery, and at two attended stables till four p.m., when I returned to the battery. During lunch we heard great tales about the cavalry breaking through two divisions of them. I don't think any will return, although hope they do some good work while they get the chance. News also comes from the fountain head that we are to move southwards in due course – about 10 days. On returning, we found another Naval Div. officer attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment