Search This Blog

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Diary Entry - 4th July, 1917

Walford: Raining. While at breakfast it was raining and at eight p.m., having said goodbye to Madame and Mademoiselle, I set out on the war horse for the posit. It rained steadily all the way up and on my arrival I was told that Vosper was at the OP but that he left orders for me to walk to my section. This I did, calling at the 15th and 48th on the way. Found everything OK and the men comfortable and happy. The anti-aircraft being quite close, I strolled over and saw them, finding John in charge, but there were no birds about and I did not see him in action. By the time I got back, five miles had been covered and I was quite ready for lunch. In the afternoon, I registered No. 6 on the brickstacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment