Search This Blog

Saturday 16 March 2013

Diary Entry - 16th March, 1918

Wake up with very sore eyes caused by getting some mustard in them from somewhere but goodness knows where. After breakfast Sergeant Higgins and I set out for the wagon lines and when I got in the light my eyes were very painful and swelled right up. There were a number of other officers and men in the brigade in worse condition than myself and Dixon, Claudet, Kershaw (evacuated) and McKinty were all very bad, especially the second two. On arrival at the wagon lines I lay up for the afternoon in the dark but in the evening when the sun had gone down we all went to the 17th Divisional Show called the Duds, which was quite a good show but very crowded, the fellow dressed as a flapper was splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment