Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Diary Entry - 7th January, 1918

Lambkin goes off early in the morning on a Lewis gun course, taking a party of men from the brigade with him. It had rained all night and was still drizzling in the morning, every drain was choked with water, all the snow having melted from the surface. In the afternoon, ride over with Siggers to Ypres to the RE dump to try to draw material. We obtain a chit for the majority of the stuff and put it on two BS wagons which had arrived before us. On the way over, Ethel, being rather fresh, pitched me off the little devil, put her head down and pig rooted, properly taking me unawares. I shot onto her neck and could not save myself so fell clear on the off side not hurting myself in the slightest.

No comments:

Post a Comment