Search This Blog

Wednesday 25 January 2012

Diary Entry - 25th January, 1917

Walford: Thursday. In the morning I rode to Aveluy wood, passing the General on the way, to get timber for horses' overhead cover. After a long hunt from sawmills to forest control officer and back, I found what I wanted and came back for lunch. In the afternoon, we got two wagon loads of props or supports. Scott and I walked to Bouzincourt in the afternoon, as I had to see DADOS [?] about some new range dial which we had been indenting for and could not get. And still the frost and cold continued, harder than ever. 

Bee: Still frost. Hundreds of planes up today and our anti-aircraft displayed their usual skill at driving them off. They are a hopeless crowd. Spent most of the day helping on the enlargement of the Mess. Just to crowd us out a little more, they have attached an infantry officer to us and the room to move about in the mess is the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment