Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 November 2012

Diary Entry - 7th November, 1917

Raining hard in the morning, slackening down to showers about eleven a.m. I went out to see Maclean about ammunition soon after breakfast, riding Ginger. Having fixed his business up, rode on to look for an RE dump, which Siggers had given me the coordinates of but, though I enquired of many people, could not find it and came to the conclusion that the coordinates were wrong, as everything was Canadian and I was trying to find the 23rd Div. dump. I came back to where I knew they used to be and found that the first division had taken over from them. When I got there, my visit was unfruitful as they had no SOS rifle rockets and knew nothing about them. In the afternoon, I tried brigade, to see if they could do anything for me, but the Colonel (41st Brigade) and adjutant were out and I only saw the Padre, Todd and Thorburn. It rained hard while I was there but when it lifted Thorburn and self walked home, calling at Maclean's on the way home. On arriving back, found Barrett had come to join us from the seven ones

No comments:

Post a Comment